Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude

I'd make some snarky comment on how a Thanksgiving blog post is pretty much required these days, except that I have so much to be thankful for this year, I can't muster up any snark.



  • My husband, who is an absolutely fantastic daddy to our kids - I love watching how he enjoys them and they him.
  • That my kids are growing and thriving and as absolutely perfect as they can be, after all the difficulty getting them here. It was a long, hard road, in every way, and 100% worth it.
  • Our amazing families, who love us and our kids so much, and who are always there to change a diaper or hold a baby or risk a sweet-potato shower feeding them.


  • Our cozy house, even if it is a little chaotic right now - I think it's going to be the perfect place to raise our kids. I can't wait to get all the furniture put back in time to put up the babies' first Christmas tree.
  • Our dogs, who seem to both be healthy again, and who are learning to appreciate and protect each other.
  • Our babysitter, who has turned out to be such a blessing - the kids love her, and she's so great with them.
  • Our church family, who shower Steven and Eleanor with so much love from the time we walk in the door to the time we leave, there can be no doubt that they're going to grow up knowing that a HUGE number of people are praying for them.
  • My job, which lets me be at home so I can be here for all the milestones and little upsets and happy visits to my study.
I hope, this season, that you have as much to be thankful for as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment